This week, a great manual on (SEO) Search Engine Optimization was released by SitePoint – “The SEO Business Guide.”
It’s easy to understand, no hype, no black-hat, nuts-and-bolts content on SEO.
If you’re just starting out in SEO, it provides you with a fantastic overview of the core principles that you’ll use over and over again to increase your sites’ rankings.
But it’s also great if you’re already an SEO pro, because it covers the essentials of how to start your own SEO consulting business (even giving you a bunch of ready-to-use contracts, audit templates, checklists and sales emails to help get you started.)
What’s Covered in the SEO Business Guide?
The core content chapters are:
- Search 101: The principles search engines use to rank websites, and the underlying theories of SEO;
- Best-practice SEO: The “right” ways to create content, build your sites, build links and more;
- Advanced Tactics: Smart strategies (and software) for maximising your SEO results;
- Enterprise SEO: The real-life strategies the authors have used to boost the number of ranking pages for business sites;
- Paid Search: Why pay-per-click advertising is a valuable for SEO, and how to make it part of your strategy;
- Local Search: Ethically exploiting what is arguably the fastest growing opportunity in the SEO marketplace;
- Starting an SEO Business: If you’re cash poor, but knowledge rich when it comes to SEO, consulting is a potential cash-cow opportunity. This chapter gets right into the “how-to”;
- Leveraging Technology and Staff: How to automate the SEO process, and deliver more results with less time and effort;
- Value-Added Services: How to maximise the lifetime value of SEO clients (or, strategies that you can use on your own sites to make more sales!)